Skinny-Dipping Seven - 1/72 finished

Begonnen von FBMinis, 07. Juli 2009, 03:40:46

FBMinis

Es tut mir leid, aber mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut, so ich schreibe in Englisch  :rolleyes:

The idea to build this small vignette came after re-discovering the following photo in my computer:

It was originally found on an ebay auction by user Carlo77.

So, I cut some extra bits of balsa wood and made the framing, styrofoam was used to create the ground shape that was then covered with dry wall compound, smoothed with a wet paintbrush.

Everything was painted with Vallejo colours applied with paintbrushes too. The water received some coats of ModelMaster Gloss Varnish and the grass/vegetation was sprinkled. This was a mix of Heki grass and dried tea leaves glued with the help of a brush with dissolved white-glue.

The heads were given a coat of primer so I could inspect for something to fill or sand, then it was given a coat of white to turn the succeeding  flesh colour more vivid (Vallejo acrylic again). A wash of sienna oil paint followed and was left to dry overnight. Titanium white was applied with a 10-0 brush to created some highlights and that was it, everything was glued together and now it's time to move on to the next project!

Thanks for viewing, you will find more photos in my blog!

http://fbminisworkbench.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20skinny-dipping%20seven%20%28now%20in%2072nd%29

Francisco  :P
http://fbminis.blogspot.com

Anubis

ZbV3000Germany

Hajo L.

Maybe the heads are a bit too close together, I don´t know if there is enough room for the bodies beneath the water. ;)

HAJO
"My theory is longer, thicker and harder than yours." (Frank Farrelly)

Aufgrund der Photobucket-Problematik sind zahlreiche Bilder von mir nicht sichtbar. Bei signalisiertem Interesse stelle ich die fehlenden Bilder gerne über einen anderen Host wieder online.

Hans

Ceterum censeo: Die Lackierung ist wichtiger

Frank-Holger

Really way cool! What are those heads you have used? Mig spare heads? Some stuff from Wargame figures?

Frank

FBMinis

Danke! Der köpfe sind von Preiser  :P

Lichtbringer

Zitat von: Hajo L. in 07. Juli 2009, 09:33:03
I don´t know if there is enough room for the bodies beneath the water. ;)

Maybe these guys LIKE a close moment?  :6:

elend

Haha, now that's funny. Very well done, especially at that scale.  :P :P :P

ZbV3000Germany

Okay, in 1:72 sind die Köpfe m. E. nicht zu dicht

Frank-Holger

Great idea to use Preiser heads! As I know they might have no spare heads, so did you chop of some heads from figures?

Frank

P.F.N.

Aktuelles Projekt: Diorama, mittelalterliche Stadt zu Tudorzeiten 1/72

FBMinis

Thank you all again! Box 72504 has a few spare heads  ;)

http://henk.fox3000.com/preiser.htm

I'm happy I found this forum, there is some serious model-building going on   :P

Homer-J.

Das Einzige, das etwas stört ist diese weiße Gischt um die Köpfe. Oder sind das Luftblasen? Dann würde ich vielleicht den Titel ändern.  ;)

Blindfisch

Realy nice, look´s great  :klatsch: :klatsch:

Best Regards,  Jürgen  :pffft:

Thorsten_Wieking

Great idea, superbly done and something unusual.

Cheers
Thorsten
"Erst wenn das letzte Spielzeuggeschäft geschlossen ist, werdet Ihr feststellen, das man beim Onlineshopping keine freudestrahlend-glänzenden Kinderaugen sehen kann."

Gibbs Rule #9 " Never Go Anywhere Without A Knife "