DHC-3 "Otter" Bastelgemetzel an Hobbycraft 1:72

Begonnen von Gilmore, 08. November 2014, 00:45:37

Gilmore

Ich bin multitasking-fähig. Ich kann alle anfallenden Arbeiten gleichzeitig liegenlassen.

haroldk

Hello,

I realize I am replying to an old topic as well, I cannot write in German but I can read it a little. I came across this thread by way of Google as I am working on the same kit. One area that caught my attention was the over wing fences for air flow and the fact they were relocated on the kit build here. I want to start with saying that I am incredibly impressed with the modifications done to make the Hobbycraft kit more accurate. But I have to say that the wing fences on the kit although too thick and needing some shaping is indeed in the correct position. Here is a photo I found on Flickr that shows a good view of the flaps and the wing fences.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/howardslutsken/12335273813/in/photolist-jN2v9H-Jo8wo9-JrbbJp-WQFvPb-2amfVVG-FTgrFq-5B6RRh-6hFx3V-6hFx2t-5SJGsL-oBid6H-5SJHvm-5SEmFr-xxVNs1-5zeadb-25QeT2d-auQYNL-Hv4SPb-8grwLi-J1BQg3-PYQPW-nFyaF4-9RtnnA-5SJGo3-5SEmtD-UGTi8k-5SEnwn-5SJFZd-5SJHrs-5SEozv-5SJGxq-8guNUG-ApWU1m-5SEonZ-8guNVs-5SEoF8-5SJGPW-5SJFUW-5SEmfP-vqEHUF-w48FL5-5SEotR-2iDCj8Y-dhAFjM-8Fj2cL-22poJFG-sv8bZp-2d69EeR-9YPsia-uDByH9

Thanks, Harold
Surrey, BC Canada

Universalniet

Thank you Harold. I don't know if Jürgen (Gilmore) is fluent enough in english, I try to translate the question.

Universalniet

Jürgen, Harold meint, dass die Grenzschichtzäune an der richtigen Position waren. Es steht die Frage im Raum, warum Du die verschoben hast?

Gilmore

Moin Marc! Warum? Weil ich der Meinung bin, dass sie an der jetzigen Position richtig sitzen. Genau über dem Befestigungspunkt der Flügelstreben. Aber ich bin natürlich auch nicht unfehlbar, vlt.liege ich da falsch.
Und wenn schon, das Modell hat auch so noch genug Fehler, vor allem ist der Rumpf um ca. 2mm zu schmal, und die Tragflächen müssten ca.2-3mm weiter hinten sitzen.
Ich bin multitasking-fähig. Ich kann alle anfallenden Arbeiten gleichzeitig liegenlassen.

haroldk

Zitat von: Universalniet in 04. März 2021, 09:40:03
Thank you Harold. I don't know if Jürgen (Gilmore) is fluent enough in english, I try to translate the question.

Thank you. His build to make the Otter accurate is commendable and on my next Otter, I will try the fuselage extension behind the cockpit door. But am not confident enough to try the rest.

Cheers, Harold

Universalniet

Harold,

Jürgen says that he believes the position right on top of the struts seems to be correct. But he says he has no claim of being perfect - fuselage about 2mm too narrow and the should be 2-3mm further back.

Cheers,
Marc

haroldk

Zitat von: Universalniet in 06. März 2021, 08:47:49
Harold,

Jürgen says that he believes the position right on top of the struts seems to be correct. But he says he has no claim of being perfect - fuselage about 2mm too narrow and the should be 2-3mm further back.

Cheers,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Thank you for translating for Gilmore. I have to agree with him that there are many shape errors in the kit and again say what he did to make it more accurate is inspiring for me. I am including another link that shows the wing fence in relation to the wing support. The wing fence can be made out in this view with the wing support further inwards towards the fuselage.

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/photo/otter-floatplane-docked-on-lake-royalty-free-image/523557738?adppopup=true

Cheers, Harold